• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Perfect replica

posted by Err0r4o4 on 05/03/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The diaphragm is not rubber. Its high temp silicone reinforced with nomex. The casing is good quality. The C-clip isnt chanfered as it should so get yourself a file or you wont be able to install the c-clip.

Cons:

Mine was defective on arrival. There is a checkvalve inside that protect the diaphragm from boost coming from the vaccum line. This wasnt working on mine and i cant go thru rma and wait 2 months for a replacement so i plugged that check valve and installed one on the outside.

OtherThoughts:

For reference the first stage opens at about -10hg/ft and the second stage starts to open arround -17 and is fully open at -25 Hg/ft. (Stage = sequences). Also the internal (springs and metal seats) are made of ordinary metal prone to rust. I soaked everything with a light coating of white grease before reassembly.

Bottomline:

Even with all the labour i had to put in i'n glad i bought it cause 38$ is a hell of lot better that 250$. I'm very happy with it and the hardware included was perfect. All thats left to say is: good luck with the c-clip my friends! lol

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections