Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byaj666 on 10/04/2013

Is a cheap USB HDD enclosure. The double cable is a nice touch that does not have many of the others enclosures. The cable is quite short, but I think that's enough. The disc couplings are weak and the plastic cover is easily damaged, but are not important things (considering the price of the item). Externally it is not very nice, but I prefer a good ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byarielvilas on 09/25/2013

I´ve received this article at ARGENTINA at about 25 days from the order. It seems to be durable the aluminium case, and it comes with a leather black cover like the photos. very easy to use: connect the HDD, put it inside the enclosure, close it with the screws and the screwdriver (included!!), connect to the PC, and enjoy a 640 GB drive!!! =P ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydmatrix on 07/01/2013

Great cable with two USB ends. worked very well on all PC and various OS. work on all USB ports, either, USB2.0 or USB3.0. Operating in 3.0 transfer speeds reached 5gb. Great Case aluminum, allowing very good cooling, the same old HD in Case warmed too. cable a bit short and stiff using the USB ports on the front panel of the PC was necessary to connect ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byotavioamcamargo on 06/20/2013

- The item is very compact - Do not heat - Is very cheap when you compare to other goog quality products - it do not use an external power supply, just uses the usb power. - The cover should be fixed by a button or something like that, just it. - I have installed ubuntu in the Hd and I boot every time from this external drive and have no problems. -... Read more

Item in the case item mounted The item mounting item mounting item The Item
    0 0
  • posted bymonnier on 01/18/2013

It seems to work fine, the Y cable is welcome, although I did not need it until now (but I have needed it with my old PATA enclosure), and its aesthetics is quite accpetable. None of my tools were able to get detailed info about the disk, e.g. no SMART data, no hdparm info, no control over spin down. The screws required more force than I expected, so ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byfilthysademo on 12/12/2012

Easy to assemble, decent quality. Really aluminium. Fast as f**k even with 5200RPM disk inside (more than 200MB/s). Free tiny screwdriver and the pouch made of whatever. Normal sized USB on both sides of the cable. Other side of box than the cable is is not very tightly fasten. Found the same one in my country (czech republic) for just +1€. More than ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bycoyotito69 on 10/21/2012

Very strong enclosure. The price is awesome. Great for rescuing important files from those old IDE drives. Perfect of running live linux distros on any PC on the fly. Still not tested with USB 3.0, but the rates with 2.0 are correct with small and large files. None by now. Maybe the connector could be the mini-USB as usual, but really this is not a ... Read more

3 0
  • posted byarielinson on 10/04/2012

Comes in a box with a thin leather like pocket pouch + small screwdriver + cable. The USB 3 cable has additional connector for an extra power supply which is good. The cable is also colored blue which helps me remember to connect it to the USB 3 port. No complaint whatsoever so far. Maybe they could sell another version of this product without the extra ... Read more

Box contents
    1 0
  • posted bykolpator on 03/27/2012

Im using this box with my 500gb seagate hdd without problems. Actually this hdd belongs to my portable iomega drive. I ejected the drive from its original iomega box(usb 2.0) then inserted to this box. My mainboard has nec renesas usb3 controller. Im using this drive with windows 7 x64. Just plug and play thats it. This is my test data with crystal ... Read more

speed test usb3 product case hdd box
    3 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections