Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• A useful 60x microscope with illumination, white and uv.

posted by Perumal on 02/21/2013
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

It is a folding type microscope with one half housing the microscope, and the other half with the batteries, switch and two LEDs, one white and the other ultraviolet.

When it is set straight you can stand it up on the table and use it as a lamp. To use it as a microscope it has to be folded, and then the illumination can be switched on to either white or ultraviolet by means of two Light Emitting Diodes of appropriate type.

Cons:

Only one that I could find: the battery door does double duty as switch, so while turning to the "OFF" position it is easy to overshoot it and open the battery compartment. After a couple of times of having the batteries spill out you learn to become more careful.

OtherThoughts:

It was really useful to examine the edge of the knife I was trying to sharpen. My mistakes were clear in the magnified view, and I was able to improve my technique tremendously.

Bottomline:

It's a nice addition to carry around inside one's pocket, and very useful as a torch too.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections