Customer’s impression:
good Useful best price from internet
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good product, great price

posted by lejige on 01/18/2010
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

The device is sufficiently sensitive that it picks up obstacles easily (sometimes too easily);
    Looking at the product photos, I thought that the LED Display panel would be bulky and make an ugly addition to my car's dashboard. But I was pleasantly surprised that it was small to be unobtrusive.
    The sensors seem sturdy enough to stand bumpy rides and the elements.
    - The distance sensor is quite accurate. It will detect distance from about 2.5 meters down to 30cm.

- The sensors' wires are not long enough for my big car that I had to locate the main console somewhere behind the front seat. The version I received had the speaker built-in inside the main console so I needed to pick just the right location for it so that the beeps would be audible. Having short wires made the task a bit of a challenge.
    - The sensors will not detect distance within a foot (30cm) and it will indicate zero distance. It would be more useful if it could detect smaller distances up to maybe 10cm. But that's not a major complaint.
    - The device has 4 sensors but it will only indicate left and right, that is, you'll not get a sense of the obstacle's location if it's in the middle. It will still display as left or right.

The version I received is not paintable, as far as I can test. Well, I didn't paint the sensors directly but I wrapped them in clear plastic and sprayed a very thin coat of paint. Thereafter, the sensor became blind.

This is a very useful product, easy to install but only if you have the aptitude for it and know your way around power tools and electrical car wiring.

Post comment

DX Everywhere