DX » Community » Reviews » Black Parking Sensor/Radar Kit (DC 12V~24V)
  • 5 star 31 ( 76% )
  • 4 star 10 ( 24% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Better than expected

posted by drac666666 on 02/02/2010

Impression:;

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 weekPros:I expected something that was indeed only worth 29$, but I was pleasantly surprised with this kit. The beeper was mounted inside the display, and didnt need an extra cable. Beeper and display are clear and don't look cheap. The unit detects even small objects, as long as they're somewhat flat. Cons:One could complain about the cable lenght, but that's easily solved if you're a little handy. I would have preferred a display that would be flat on top also, so I could also stick it underneath the dash instead of on top. I think I'll end up disassembling the display and fitting the components into empty slots in the center console of my car for ultimate customization. The manual isn't very clear, but also unneeded. It might have mentioned that the two left and two right sensors (both sets at the rear or front/rear bumper) show the nearest oblject only: the possiblity to choose between the two setups could have been more elaborated. OtherThoughts:You can either mount all four sensors in the rear bumper and connect the power cable to the reversing light for full-auto operation, or mount two sensors in the rear bumper and two in the front one, but then you'll need a little switch to keep it from beeping and flashing while you drive. Bottomline:If your vehicle doesn't come with this option as standard, get it. Any fender-bender costs more than this unit. 

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections