Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Well worth the Price

posted by TheDirty on 02/22/2012
    4 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

All the descriptions of this alarm are lacking, so here are the actual features.

Auto Start

Start lock

Shock sensor alarm

I have not installed the Auto start, so I cannot comment on that feature. I need to do some workarounds for the auto theft prevention on my motorcycle.

It flashes signals and chirps twice for disarm and once for armed. The shock sensor works fine.

I tested the remotes for about 50 meters and it still worked. I didn't go any farther than that, but the remote works from a good distance.

The remotes are cheap feeling but solid. They look like they will last, but I'd try not to get them wet. I'm using the one with the slide cover to try and prevent it from being exposed to the elements.

Cons:

There is no warning chirps on the alarm for a small shock or bump. It's either on or off.

The chirps for arm/disarm are the same loudness as the regular alarm, so really loud.

One of the feature lists says there is a way to adjust the shock sensor sensitivity, but I don't know how. As it is now, the motorcycle needs to be moved a good amount for it to go off, a small bump will not set it off.

Bottomline:

The alarm is really quite nice. I opened it up and the PCB and components are really well engineered and put together for a product this cheap.

I don't care about an expensive alarm that much, but this was cheap and easy to install (without the auto start). I'll get notified if someone backs into my bike or plays around with it in a parking lot. Well worth it to me.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections