• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Can't call it FullHD-1080 player, but good device

posted by r2arthur on 12/28/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Runs well all kind of apps from android market that I tried, such as Netflix. Control is good and the gadget looks very potent.

It has built-in wi-fi, so you will save one USB port.

Navigation is perfect. I will surely buy a wireless keyboard+touchpad set to use with this device.

Cons:

They sell as a 1080 Full HD player. However you can't read files larger than 4gb. Everyone knows that any movie with a decent compression has more than 4gb today. Is like announce an MP3 player which can play only 1mb files.

Documentation is very poor. There is a CD with a PDF and you can't find any URL or detailed instruction (just intuitive stuff like how to turn on). I had to google for help many times. It could be much better, we're talking about a $100 gadget.

The ROM is kinda ugly and not very useful. I would change the launcher for a quicker one.

OtherThoughts:

It has a IR sensor, but no remote. The mouse uses its own dongle. Maybe you can use a remote with it, but the documentation doesn't explain.

Bottomline:

Probably should be more useful if you could hack/root the device. However I could not found more info about that.

If you want to use as a local library player for high definition files, forget about it. It won't play 4gb+ mkvs.

If you want a network media player, go for it. You will find excellent apps for android which can connect to a DLNA media server.

If you want a $100 SD player, go for it: You will be able to play AVI and all other formats perfectly, if they're smaller than 4gb.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections