DX » Community » Reviews » Digital Wireless Doorbell (100-Meter Range / 16-Melody Choice)
  • 5 star 6 ( 67% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 33% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very nice unit!

posted by wingerr on 05/22/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Excellent range
    Silent mode
    Very loud and clear doorbell tones and tunes.
    Uses common AA batteries in receiver, 12V battery in transmitter

Cons:

Instructions are pretty sparse, but it's not hard to figure out-

OtherThoughts:

This unit seems very nicely made; the transmitter doesn't have an LED to indicate when it's transmitting, but I actually prefer it that way, to minimize battery drain on the 12V battery.
    Would have liked the transmitter to use a AAA as mentioned in the other review, but it's as described, with a 12V battery.

Bottomline:

Standby current on the receiver is only 0.35mA, which is lower than the Oulia unit I got from Dealextreme in the past, with 0.50mA draw. This means the batteries will last longer.
    There's a switch to turn off the tones, which is also a plus, because I was planning on using it for remote control switching, running it from the LED indicators.
    Range appears very good; though I haven't tried it at the 100 meter range in the open, it didn't have any trouble picking up the signal with the transmitter on the dashboard of my car (parked at the street), and transmitting from inside my house on the second floor.
    Lots of tunes in the cycle mode, and it has a well thought out setup where you can pick one of the 16 different tunes and lock it in. In the top slide selector position (cycle mode), just press transmit until you hear the tune you want, then slide the three position switch to the bottom (single tune mode), and it'll play the same one each time. The middle position is the silent mode, where only the LED's twinkle merrily.
    If the batteries are changed, it'll reset to the first tune, but you can rapidly get to your desired tune by pressing the transmit in rapid succession, no need to wait for each tune to finish playing (some of them are pretty long...)
    That's about it, simple to operate- it's as easy as pushing a button. :)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections