DX » Community » Reviews » CompactFlash CF Card to IDE Hard Disk Adapter Card (IDE-44)
  • 5 star 25 ( 71% )
  • 4 star 10 ( 29% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bybrunols on 06/16/2014

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:This thing is amazing for reusing old PCs to transform then in Thin Clients Thin PCs to connect to remote desktops. You will not need to buy hard drives for that OLD PC anymore, since you can install some Linux distro on a compact flash and boot directly to a... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymeskas69 on 05/29/2014

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Small, good quality. Absolutely unbeatable price. Cons:IDE connector polarity is not simply to find. There's neither pin1 mark nor key-pin on IDE connector. OtherThoughts:Let's you create low-cost SSD disks especially for older PCs with IDE HDD. If you want a disk witho... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrubenfo on 12/01/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Small, good quality. Absolutely unbeatable price. Cons:IDE connector polarity is not simply to find. There's neither pin1 mark nor key-pin on IDE connector. OtherThoughts:Let's you create low-cost SSD disks especially for older PCs with IDE HDD. If you want a... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysandalian on 09/25/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Very cheap and useful. I build my own "poor man's SSD" for my old laptop with this adapter. I found the same products at local computer store, they cost more than $12 and that's insane! Thanks DX for providing good adapter in a very affordable price.... Read more

CF to IDE converter
    0 0
  • posted byjcrueda on 08/08/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:The simplicity of this CF adapter is absolute, this means hard to die adapter, u can use it for life, very very strong. The PRICE is very cheap, the 2 things I want for all my stuff Cons:Nothing, the adapter travel around the world to my home and comes ready t... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySPIT79 on 06/03/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Easy to use and good quality. Good way to have an old Laptop SSD. Grabs perfectly in the hollow of a normal hdd 44 pin. Very cheap, I recommend it. Cons:I have not found any defect but could have a place to screw it to the laptop. OtherThoughts:I'm happy with... Read more

0 0
  • posted byfsilveira on 05/15/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Very good quality, didn't have any scratch in it and is made with very good quality products. Cons:The pin numbers aren't labeled and the best part is that you must cut the pin #20 before using it. It doesn't come with any case and you need to be careful when... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydlmancheno on 03/25/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:-Worked great on my very old Sony PCG-Z50SX (Pentium ][, 366Mhz, 192MB Ram (max), PuppyLinux Wary 5.5.1 and ADATA 1GB CF card. -The original 6GB (yes six GB) HDD in this laptop was very loud. Cons:-I tried using a Lexar 4GB CF (Platinum ][ 80x) but would not b... Read more

Installed in Sony VAIO Running PuppyLinuxWary 5.51 (March 2013) Adaptor in Sony Vaio PCG-Z50SX Penti2/366Mhz/192MB
    0 0
  • posted byjaccoruns on 11/27/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:This little converter does the job. Cons:It was shipped in a little plastic bag. No protection there at all. I had to spend 30 minutes putting the pins straight. All pins were bent but specially the pins on the CF side. The CF pins were also the hardest to ben... Read more

1 0
  • posted byNesh78 on 09/26/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:It is cheap and it works. Provided you have an old laptop with no fans, you can build a system with no moving parts at all. Cons:The key pin is not cut out. If you put the device the other way around, your card can face severe consequences, ranging from partial malfunct... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections