DX » Community » Reviews » CompactFlash CF Card to IDE Hard Disk Adapter Card (IDE-44)
  • 5 star 31 ( 72% )
  • 4 star 12 ( 28% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bybrunols on 06/16/2014

This thing is amazing for reusing old PCs to transform then in Thin Clients Thin PCs to connect to remote desktops. You will not need to buy hard drives for that OLD PC anymore, since you can install some Linux distro on a compact flash and boot directly to a Windows Remote Desktop directly! It will boot FAST and will not have any noise! Nothing, no ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymeskas69 on 05/29/2014

Small, good quality. Absolutely unbeatable price. IDE connector polarity is not simply to find. There's neither pin1 mark nor key-pin on IDE connector. Let's you create low-cost SSD disks especially for older PCs with IDE HDD. If you want a disk without any moving parts in your old laptop, then this is the solution Has one red busy LED and jumper for ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byGoombaBZ on 04/02/2014

Works great with a Compaq Contura 3/25 (386 laptop) under DOS and Windows. The device is transparant to the system as it appears like a normal hard drive. None really, these cost €7,00 locally, and that's not even with free shipping! If you have an old 386 or 486 laptop, get one of these because you can make your system completely solid state, as most ... Read more

CF to IDE top CF to IDE bottom
    0 0
  • posted byffha on 03/21/2014

This adapter offers a much better alternative to having to track down a decent second hand IDE-44 hard drive, which is starting to get pretty difficult these days. Besides, the added speed boost of having solid state storage is pretty nice. I've been using this adapter for about a year now in my laptop-turned-server and the entire setup is very responsive ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bykemot1999 on 03/18/2014

Works as expected. Reasonably good build quality. None. Pin polarity IS marked on the PCB (marking is even visible on DX photos - look at the white triangle next to header). I recommend this item. It is useful for upgrading mechanical HDD-s in old industrial equipment to fast CompactFlash drives. (Just get CompactFlash that identifies itself to IDE ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byeToiAqui on 03/08/2014

* They are cheap. * One of them was damaged with a cut, so I had to rewire it to make it work properly. * Need to sort out a few issues, so it is not plug and play right out of the box. These issues are explained in the next section. The first one: You need to cut a pin to insert it into a laptop adapter. The second one: This is a less important, but ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrubenfo on 12/01/2013

Small, good quality. Absolutely unbeatable price. IDE connector polarity is not simply to find. There's neither pin1 mark nor key-pin on IDE connector. Let's you create low-cost SSD disks especially for older PCs with IDE HDD. If you want a disk without any moving parts in your old laptop, then this is the solution Has one red busy LED and jumper for ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byGabontz on 11/08/2013

Very useful and easy to use. It is cheap and it works. Provided you have an old laptop with no fans, you can build a system with no moving parts at all. You must find the pin that needed to be cut yourself. Need a hard drive in a mini pc? Use this device in combination with a CF card to boot the system. Just to mention it would be perfect if i could ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysandalian on 09/25/2013

Very cheap and useful. I build my own "poor man's SSD" for my old laptop with this adapter. I found the same products at local computer store, they cost more than $12 and that's insane! Thanks DX for providing good adapter in a very affordable price. You must find the pin that needed to be cut yourself. But there's many tutorial on the Net,... Read more

CF to IDE converter
    0 0
  • posted byjcrueda on 08/08/2013

The simplicity of this CF adapter is absolute, this means hard to die adapter, u can use it for life, very very strong. The PRICE is very cheap, the 2 things I want for all my stuff Nothing, the adapter travel around the world to my home and comes ready to plug. And take care, before connect teach yourself to ensure the correct conection, seeing the ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections