There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Bright and useful bike lights

posted by linoox on 08/17/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Bright LED lights. Nice flashing combination. The front (6 LEDs - not 5 as advertised) has 2 different combination (light up and continuous blink) and it's good enough for general use. The rear lights has about 6 different flashing combination (i think). It's more than what I need but still useful.

Cons:

Component is reasonably built - nothing to shout about especially if you're paying this kind of price for it. There is a mildly strong plastic odor on the item. I read about it from the first posting but bought anyway. It's not that bad. You can always keep it in the box cover.

OtherThoughts:

3 AAA batteries for the front and 2 AAA for the rear. The attaching catch (the front light unit) is reasonably good enough to hold the light in place but prolong use may loosen it. A little nudge may dislodge the light out from its position when the catch is worn out - I can't say how long but i still think it will take a while before it does. When that day comes, I'll probably use a super glue and stick it to the bike unit permanently. I have no qualm leaving this inexpensive item on my bike, especially if it is permanently glued.

Bottomline:

If you want to cycle at night, this is something you should get. It's so hard for car drivers to spot a cyclist at night. These lights are extremely useful for your own safety.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections