Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good buy

posted by romandesign on 08/06/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Feels solid, not like a toy.

Rubberized surface throughout, except for the center piece with adjustment knob.

Center piece with hinges is all-metal and not plastic, which was unexpected and is very nice.

Adjustment feels solid and precise, does not drift all around like on most cheap binoculars.

Fairly bright and good magnification for its size.

Coated optics on the front

Very decent optics, sharp and clear.

Adjustment for the right eye-cup is appropriately firm, doesn't look like it's going to defocus at the slightest touch.

Cons:

Coat is a slight blueish tint, not bright orange like on the photo. I don't know if it matters i terms on quality, but I think orange looks cool :-)

OtherThoughts:

The way you focus it (like most binoculars) is just do the left eye first, using the main adjustment knob, as precise as you can. Then adjust the right eye to match using the eye cup adjustment (there are + 0 - markings on it). Mine ended up slightly ahead of + mark.

Bottomline:

I think for this price it's a steal. Might not be as good as $80 binoculars, but it's quite good actually, and built solid, with metal center and rubberized coating, with firm and smooth adjustment with just the right feel. Doesn't look or feel cheap.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections