Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Does the job, annoying blue LED glow

posted by mikkohoo on 02/26/2009
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

- Has actual charger electronics inside - will not fry your controllers. Informative red/green LED signals when the controller is ready for action.

Cons:

- I don't understand why on Earth this device needs FOUR ultra-bright LEDs. They make the charger shine like a miniature sun and sleeping in the TV room impossible.

- The AC adapter accepts 230V (Europe) but the package does not include a plug convertor - DX sells them so pick one up at checkout.

OtherThoughts:

The device is fairly simple to take apart - it has Phillips screws under the rubber pads on the bottom. So I dismantled mine and found that the three LEDs at the bottom are easy to disconnect by cutting the wires. One blue LED is soldered to the PCB, you'll have to cut one leg to turn it off. Note the correct side - you don't want to damage the charging status LEDs which actually do something instead of just bathing the room in blue light. So, after a bit of fiddling, I have the device I wanted.

Bottomline:

When you do away with the annoying LEDs, this is a solid device.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections