DX » Community » Reviews » JY-MCU Bluetooth Wireless Serial Port Module for Arduino (Works with Official Arduino Boards)
  • 5 star 114 ( 86% )
  • 4 star 18 ( 14% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 1% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Excellent for VCOM ports

posted by JoaoRibas on 09/21/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Pretty good distance, I placed mine inside a metal box and it still reached 4 meters. In open space I got at least 10 meters with good signal quality. The pinout is described in the bottom layer, so no problems connecting it to the proc. The transparent shrink tube around the board makes for a very decent finish.

Cons:

Total and complete mixed up documentation. I have found at least a dozen different datasheets and user guides for this module. If you just want to plug and play it works fine at 9600 baud, but if you want to change any of the default settings then it gets troublesome.

OtherThoughts:

The best datasheet I have found so far for this module is at:
    http://www.e-gizmo.com/KIT/images/EGBT-04/EGBT-045MS-046S%20Bluetooth%20Module%20Manual%20rev%201r0.pdf

Bottomline:

After a lot of struggle with documentation and AT commands it finally worked as I wanted. I have already bought another one, just waiting for it to arrive. The price is a little high compared to others, but the quality is good.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections