• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
good Excelente muito bom buena Barato
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Does what it's supposed to

posted by poeticoddity on 01/05/2014

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

It works and does so quite readily. Price is good, too.

Cons:

I'd be really wary of accidentally running reverse voltage across it. It's got a rubber sheathe that looks like it might keep out dust, but that's about it.

OtherThoughts:

I could get enough information out of it to verify that it was working properly, but honestly, I don't know enough about using bluetooth to do what I was hoping with it (namely, replace the need for a USB connection for an Arduino serial connection in processing applications).

If you're new to DIY bluetooth, you'll probably need to do start from a really simple sketch and work your way up from there. I'm still having trouble doing much without having to manually finagle a lot of things in the terminal.

Bottomline:

If you need something quick and simple for a one-off project, you'll probably want something more user friendly. If you want a standardized way to connect via bluetooth to several microcontrollers, or need something modular, this is probably up your alley, but you'll need a bit of coding expertise to get full use from it.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections