DX » Community » Reviews » Car Portable Device/Gadget Holder and Windshield Mount
  • 5 star 47 ( 57% )
  • 4 star 32 ( 39% )
  • 3 star 3 ( 4% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 1% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Amazing build quality

posted by subnormal on 07/10/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

I just got this item now and have been playing with it for a while. The suction cup is a flat piece and there is a lever that you move which pulls up the inside of the suction cup. You put the cup onto the surface and then push the lever. The result is amazingly strong suction. I wouldn't be surprised if this could lift a 30 lb glass block.

The neck is very very stiff, It bends trust me it won't snap but it feels like it will.

Cons:

When you snap the head piece onto the neck for the first time, remember which way you pushed the head because you have to push it the other way to take it off. I forgot when I did it and it is impossible to know just by looking. I had to push it one way really hard and then the other way to get the head off. At first I pushed the wrong way and I was afraid that I was going to snap the clips. I didn't but pay attention so you don't risk this.

The vent clips are very hard to put on, in fact I still haven't been able to do it.

OtherThoughts:

This is my first buy from DX and I am impressed with the quality.

Bottomline:

This item does exactly what you want it to and has only a few drawbacks which aren't even drawbacks they are more "things to be careful about"

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections