Good quality material and eletronics. Easy board assembly and good screw holes disposition (get firm on place). One of four digit display part came tilted (not deep inserted) and, besides working, had to be resoldered to not interfere at crystal window mounting because the whole part is not flatenned to the screen. Good bright (could be stronger). Not ... Read more
Very bright display that is easy to interface to Arduino or even ATTiny since it only needs two pins to operate. Arduino TM1640 library also suits ATTiny45/85 so you can mount the small microcontroller on the back of the display even with spare pins for switches etc. Also, 16 characters is massive! 7 segment displays make some characters not really ... Read more
Excellent product, the Arduino library tm1638-library makes life totally simple. Kudos to the author of that library: https://code.google.com/p/tm1638-library/ You can not dasy-chain multiple boards. Oh well.. life Check out tm1638-library from the link above; the author did a great job! Check out tm1638-library from the link above; the author did a ... Read more
Really easy to use. PCB quality is really good. Great brightness. Brightness can be adjusted. Really easy to interface. Existing libraries can be pulled from the web. It even have a timing diagram of the clock and data printed on the back. Just clock in 8 bits per display unit. None, really. Looks to be well made. Even with all segments fully lit the ... Read more
- Easy protocol once you get the hang of it
- Reasonably low power usage - Bright, on the highest setting this really glows alot - The documentation is sparse - You're basicly stuck with a 4 page manual poorly translated to english and one sample project on google code for arduino.
- Mine came slightly bend in the mail, but it's working. You might not ... Read more
- Comes fully assembled
- Cables included
- Adjustable brightness via library
- Good quality - Only 7 segments, suitable for numbers only
- No documentation
- No spacers/screws included for mounting (but suitable holes in the PCB are provided) To use this with an Arduino, you just need to get the TM1640.h library here: http://code.google.com/... Read more
This device is simple to use and uses very few IO pins on either your MCU or arduino. The response is fast and the brightness is good. This thing is awesome for any kind of time or increment display. Myself I use it to serve as a display on a deburring machine and it works flawlessly and the characters are visible in most light conditions. With a combination ... Read more
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.