Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
- Very useful to get numeric and/or state output and to provide input to a sketch into an Arduino using only 3 pins.
- Rather cheap for all the functionality provided.
- The little ribbon cable used to chain several modules can be used to connect the Arduino, when soldering a adequate outlet on a prototype shield.
- Build quality is rather average.
- Finding datasheet about the chip used is very difficult.
It can easily be used with the excellent lib :
This is obviously a must have for any Arduino hobbyist.
It can either be used for its own sake, just for fun, or to provide a good way to display some internal values when building something bigger. For example, buttons can be programmed to select a given value to display.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.