Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• You're going to need a lot of sunlight

posted by Neowizard on 05/27/2013
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

It's cute, it works and it doesn't get any simpler than this - a vibrating motor directly connected to a small solar panel.
    The plastic seems very nice for something so simple. I was surprised.

Cons:

What's up with the price? 1 standard motor, 1 tiny solar panel, 1 plastic case and 2 rubber legs - it should be a whole lot cheaper if you ask me.

No on\off switch. When ever there's enough light, it'll start doing it thing. You can always cover the panel of course.

A lot of light it required to get this boy going. If you use an iphone flashlight, it'll only start if the flashlight is less than a 1CM from the panel - Basically, only direct sunlight (on a sunny day) will do the trick.
    I ended up soldering a switch and a tiny battery into the one I got (luckily there's enough room for the very tiny battery inside it).

OtherThoughts:

The eyes were annoying (rattles when activated), so I tore them off - they were glued very well.

Bottomline:

If it wasn't overpriced, I'd buy an army of these for my cats to play with (after refitting them all with batteries)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections