DX » Community » Reviews » Digimate DVR Video Player+Recorder Hard Disk Enclosure
  • 5 star 2 ( 29% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 57% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 14% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• what a time saver!

posted by ARMCHAIRQB16 on 10/26/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

This exactly what is needed for a "entertainment" library. I love this DVR for loading my library of Avi movies instead of burning copies of my DVD's and CD's. Also love the record option when you don't have the time to watch it on T.V. Comes with a card reader on the front as well so you can load pictures to view on your T.V.

Cons:

Was a little disappointed that it didn't have a HDMI option on it,after doing alot of research on DVR units it seems that you buy one option or another. Ex. 1 came with HDMI but no record, and this came with record but no HDMI. I also am not a fan of din power supply which is what is used on this unit,and fan is really noisy.

OtherThoughts:

The manual it comes with is very vague,so it might be a little tough if you have never used an enclosure like this, but not that hard to figure out on your own either.

Bottomline:

Overall its a nice unit to have if you like storing your movies/music on 1 large library,and having them at your disposal immediately at a touch of a button.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections