• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Not compatible with D90 but nice product

posted by bidib on 01/06/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

Mount system is well thought, although it does not fit my D90. It consists in a metal frame glued on your LCD viewer, and the viewfinder sticks on top of this frame thanks to magnets. Smart, quick and durable (if the adhesive is well stuck on every sides).

Very useful viewfinder, perfect for filming in a bright sunlight.

Nice build quality, lens seems correct (no distortions).

Cons:

Not much compatible with my Nikon D90. Although you can fit the metal frame on the screen, there are many problems making it unsuitable for this camera :

- the metal frame is too large horizontally, preventing left and right side from being glued correctly on the screen.

- on top of that, the 4 adhesive strips on each side of the metal frame are very small, it might be sufficient with 4 sides glued, but with ony 2 sides i'm afraid it won't last very long.

- the metal frame has an "outgrowth" on one of its corners, covering one of the buttons near the LCD screen.

- you have to remove the Nikon crystal screen protect. Not a major issue but get an adhesive screen shield (like those for smartphones) if you care about your LCD (and you should !)

OtherThoughts:

Bottomline:

With its help, it's ten times easier and faster to focus manually. I have tried it without glueing the metal frame to my camera.

This is a really nice product, I am very disappointed it does not fit my D90 although its description said it was. For me it's the only drawback of buying at DX's : product description are fare from being always correct. I hope DX will refund me.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections