Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Well worth the money

posted by trevorhorn on 12/08/2008
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

It's cheap and it works. Surely not a scale for professional use, but if you're happy with a precision around +/- 3 mg, it should be ok.

Cons:

Calibrating often might be a good idea. I've noticed the drifting upwards mentioned here - right after calibration, it usually measures the weight right (10.000 mg, or 1 mg up or down), but it starts slowly driving the measurement upwards after a while. So, trust the first reading. (And always do multiple measurements if you need high confidence)

Recently, the software developed a flaw - the Off button stopped working. However, when I press and hold the On button for a moment, it usually powers off. It did this occasionally before (holding On is supposed to take you into calibration mode). I can still calibrate though - if I hold On right after turning the scale on, it still (usually) takes me into calibration.

Bottomline:

I hope the software doesn't completely break down. Also, if I can't get into calibration mode, the flaw will slowly render the scale useless. Till then, it's fine value for the money.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections