Customer’s impression:
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good inexpensive wifi camera!

posted by zerodegrekelvin on 08/31/2012
    2 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

I cannot believe to get a PTZ wifi camera at this price and work flawlessly so far. The camera is up for 1 week now without any major hickup.
    To my surprise, the wifi on this camera is 802.11n single stream, even if the spec says 802.11bg (sweet...).
    I bought in white color as under sun light, it helps to keep the camera cold.
    I tested PTZ => pass.
    I tested Alarm motion detection with email using smtp gmail => pass.
    I tested Alarm motion detection with FTP => pass.
    I tested the video/audio in stream to VLC => pass, the audio is OK although there is some background noise.
    I disable the IR LED as the IR bounce back on my window and blind the CMOS sensor when I point the camera to outside, night vision is OK as there are some light on the street with IR disabled.
    I also test IR LED and in total darkness it works OK.
    I try Android app to view and it works fine, it also works ok on my old iphone 2g.
    I try ispyconnect on win7 and it connects no problem to the cam.

Maybe the doc can be a little bit more precise.

Email motion capture is a little bit blurry under low light when the subject is moving fast (like a car), probably the cmos is taking more time under low light.

Not obvious to disable the IR LED, found the hint in openipcam forum.

The is an "SDK" cgi style to control/query the camera, which is nice.

Since there is audio, one can use this little ipcam as a baby monitor and view it on all portable devices.

Buy this wifi cam, it is a bargain, that is why I have ordered another one!!

Post comment

DX Everywhere