• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Best for such a little price

posted by Vipeg on 12/14/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

The item has a good looking design. It is lighweight, so you don't have to think about how to mount it safely - the tape will work fine. Swivel design is very useful solution due to limited LED beam angle. Energy efficiency of this item is extremely high due to very bright LED design.

Cons:

Could not find any cons.

OtherThoughts:

The build quality is fine, but not perfect. As another poster noticed, the PCD inside the item is really curved. But I don't thing that the reason of such a solution is the better horizontal beam angle. Using curved PCB does not give noticeable effect in widening beam angle, because such a solution would only apply to a couple LED emitters. I think it is a side-effect of using particular assembling process. Moreover, I noticed some limiting pits positioned at the straight line, which implies the PCB should be straight. Anyway, in my item I have straightened the PCB and fixed it at the straight line using hot-melt glue gun. The horizontal beam angle became maybe a few degrees lower, but it also became closely-grouped. The result is perfect.

Bottomline:

This item provides more safety while driving. Obviously, LED flashes much faster then the incandescent. Therefore, this reduces the brake reaction time for drivers behind. Some extra milliseconds could mean some extra meters of distance even in city speeds.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections