DX » Community » Reviews » IDE CD/DVD Device to Laptop Connector Adapter (2-Pack)
  • 5 star 5 ( 45% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 45% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 9% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byCRImier on 04/22/2011

Perfect decision if case you have one CD drive with this connector laying in cupboard and don't know how to plug it. Also it's cheap. And you have two of them! BEWARE OF THAT! -Doesn't have master/slave jumper, so you have to use it one on cable. -If you'll tighten the screws, they will stop tray mechanics. If that happens, look, which of them does ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bywt808 on 03/05/2010

Working adapters. Connector shells take guesswork out of cable orientation. The board protrudes past the rear edges of the drive, so if you need to slide the drive through a matching opening or the sides of the drive body are mounted against a flat surface, you might not be able to install the drive with this adapter installed. The provided drives screws ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydiaulasJunior on 12/22/2009

This is the best cost-benefict product you will find in internet. This is a very usefull item. Much times we don't have a SATA DVD, with this you just plug on and use a IDE. All packpages you buy comes with two dispositives! Pra você que precisa trabalhar com notebooks fazendo testes, este é o melhor item com custo beneficio da internet. Muitas ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDennyColt on 03/19/2009

Cheap. even though I needed only 1. It 's still cheap. Now I have 1 spare. Power/audio connector located aside the connector, making it accessible. Have seen other types where those are located just beneath the IDE Connector. Not really i can think of. Remember that most of the laptop DVD/CD are configured as master. So when attaching a harddisk on ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byApekatt on 01/04/2009

Had some laptop drives that was not in use. Orderet this and it worked as described. Easy install, just 1 minute. The price is great for this product. The build quality is very good and the needed screws are included. It would be easier if this item came with a standard power connector instead of a floppy power connector (not to many floppy-power plugs ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byzaperbaby2 on 10/17/2008

was able to connect a DVD/CD writer to my desktop computer and test the drive it reads DVDs and burned CDs just fine the drive came from a three year old laptop that had been dropped would have liked a standard power connector instead of a floppy power connector a good way to reuse parts from a broken laptop right now I'm using the adapter on a desktop ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymetro1000 on 09/07/2008

Works OK, use for testing out-of-laptop or permanent solution. Quality good. "Loopthrough" for floppy power supply, although this is probably a ggod use of a redundant power connector now nobody uses them. Soldered pins on 44pin connector end up a bit close to the case even with the provided stand offs. Use insulation tape to be sure of no ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySnowyThing on 07/12/2008

Excellent quality for the price, and you get two! Sturdy construction and firm soldering! Hooked up to my Xbox 360 HD DVD player so I could use the drive inside my desktop PC and works like a charm! There weren't any problems at all. Not sure what I'm going to do with the second adapter yet though. So maybe that's a con? I only needed one. :) Deal Extreme ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byTLing on 05/11/2008

- lets you use your slimline optical drives with an IDE connection. - The price here for 2 is the price for one on ebay and thats without postage cost taken into consideration - Extremely cheap and reliable - comes in a pack of 2 i would prefer using a molex power connection rather than a floppy power connection - none that i can think of Great for ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byymca4 on 03/14/2008

A very cheap! Fully compatible with all kinds of slim ATAPI devices: CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, CD-RW and DVD-RW drives. one fine-pitch 50-pin connector for slim drive one 44-pin 2.0 pitch box header for IDE one 4-pin 2.54 pitch CD Audio connector two mounting screws No jumper for setting Master/Slave/CableSelect modes With this adapter it is posible to operate ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections