Customer’s impression:
Very nice mic
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Vanity

posted by byony on 10/23/2012
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

I purchased the mike as more or less a "vanity" item to look the part when entertaining mainly at nursing homes etc., where we mostly do older standards."pops", and nostalgia items, but at the same time wanting a unit that would give me excellent vocal performance, as well as that authentic "retro" appearance. I can say that I am not disappointed on either score. The...

Cons:

I did have a problem on second use, of no output unless I wriggled the connector. Removing the connector assembly in the mike and redressing the lead-outs fixed the problem.

OtherThoughts:

I do what has been called "Geezer Rock" and it requires a wide variety of vocal sounds and effects. For the fifties and sixties stuff you need echo, dynamic volume changes, falsetto, bass, sound effects, and everything else you can think of. This microphone handles it all from highest screech to the lowest note , the loudest Shout to a whisper and it is clean all the way up.

Bottomline:

I get lots of remarks and complements regarding this great looking microphone but I would buy it for its quality and performance only. .....Park

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections