DX » Community » Reviews » Ultrafire WF-502B 1W UV Flashlight with Clip (3.4V~8V Input)
  • 5 star 23 ( 72% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 22% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 6% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great UV Light that serves as a P60 host!

posted by Hypnosis4u2nv on 03/31/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

- UV
    - Doubles as a P60 host, swap the UV drop-in for a Q5 or R2 and you have yourself a flashlight as well
    - Accepts 18650 and RCR123A's

Cons:

- RCR123A's (at least UltraFire protected sku.3273) cause connection issues.. Turning the tailcap more than halfway causes the light to stop working..

- Seems there is some sort of disc wedged in the positive end of the battery tube which causes the issue with the RCR123A's.. Removing it fixed my RCR123A problem and no further issues.. I really would like to know what the hell the purpose of that thing is besides holding the battery in place when the head is removed..

- UV emits more of a purple light, so you must use the hotspot for picking out things..

- My emitter is not centered = hotspot not well defined..

OtherThoughts:

I see no visible difference in output using the 18650 or 2xRCR123A's.. Basically this is another fix-her-upper from UltraFire.. Unlike the C2 Q5, this will work out the box with an 18650 battery but if you try using the RCR123A's you will need to remove that plastic disc in the positive end of the battery tube..

Bottomline:

Its a great light to double as a flashlight, just get a P60 drop-in and your set.. For the money, it can serve multiple uses.. I for one had to throw way an area rug after shining the UV light on it, no thanks to my Jack Russel Terrier..

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections