Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Very bright purple beam

posted by cheetokhan on 05/31/2008
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Very bright. Easily shows stains in carpet and tile grout from all the way across the room. Walking around the house at night with this light will amaze you. Might even scare you a little, especially if you have young kids or pets :)

Cons:

My Trustfire protected 18650 batteries, DX part # 5790, will not fit. The battery tube is not wide enough. But a generic, unprotected 18650 does fit and the light works fine with two CR123A cells.

OtherThoughts:

Comes with a reverse clicky switch. I'd rather have a forward clicky with momentary. The machining on mine is very good. Threads are clean and smooth. Surprisingly high quality flashlight body.

Bottomline:

For under 20 bucks, this light is a great bargain. It does everything I wanted it to do. It easily finds stains in the carpet, furniture, etc, and it's fun to see what sort of items glow in the dark. I have read complaints about other lights being too week to work more than a few inches away from the carpet. Not a problem with this light. If you get that close with this light, you will need sunglasses. It's that bright.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections