Pros:

-Looks great

-All (5) functions work

-Reasonably small

Cons:

-Poorly secured together

-LED useless for writing

Bottomline:

I gave this as a gift, so I can't give an informed opinion about the durability of this item, but I did notice that the 2 main sections aren't glued or threaded, so it will pull apart with even moderate force. This could be embarrassing if it came apart while in or clipped to your pocket. That issue can only get worse with wear. For that reason alone I had to deduct at least one star. As for the usefulness of the various functions, the pen, stylus, laser and UV light all work fine. The flex-light, however, which really makes this item unique, isn't quite as useful. It is sure to help the pen serve as a conversation piece, but in actual operation it really struggles to provide any light past the fingers that you hold it with. You have to rotate the light to the absolute optimum angle, and even then much of the light can't get past your fingers, casting an annoying shadow. Smaller, female fingers might work a little better, but I suspect it would simply be frustrating for the majority of people. If you think you need a compact light for writing, I'd suggest maybe a clip-on type reading light or some other type of compact solution.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections