• 3 star 2 ( 3% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 2% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good quality, very bright, a good buy!

posted by romandesign on 05/09/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Very bright, unbelievable for such a small flashlight. Every other flashlight I have pales in comparison. Seems almost if not copletely as bright with a single AA as with two AAs, so it must have a regulator: I hear a very faint buzz in some modes if I put it to my ear. I also got 5-mode flashlight. Turns on at medium (good, brighter even on medium than 12-LED head lamp), lightly tap on the tail clickie for low, then bright (oh, yes, it's bright all right), then flashing mode, then SOS mode (very slow, but who cares), then cycles back to medium. Very well built, has rubber ring seals on every thread, feels very solid. I have to say it's much better built than I expected.

Cons:

If you turn it of and on after a few seconds it just cycles to next mode, that's a bit unconvenient to go through 5 modes to get back to where you ended last time. But when you wait a bit longer, it turns on at default medium mode. Doesn't come with a case.

Bottomline:

Looks like the best bang for the buck from all the CREE flashlights here. Works on AAs (also accepts 14500 3.6V lithium battery - never tried that) - that's very convenient. I don't know why they make so many lights that only work with AAAs. They are so much more expensive.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections