DX » Community » Reviews » Hi Speed Micro Servo 3.7g/4.3g (4.8V~6V)
  • 5 star 3 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 17% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 17% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 17% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• sweet little suckers

posted by wildhover on 11/03/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

very small, light, and cheapest i have ever found on the net or brick and mortar store. they are surprisingly strong and move my foam plane ailerons very well.

Cons:

the build quality is inconsistent. i purchased 4 of these servos and they were built differently??? some of the servos had screws keeping them in place while the other servos were simply pressed together and came apart very easily (of course they did, there were no screws to keep them together). this was a simple fix using super glue but you have to be careful not to have the glue seep in through the seams of the servo's bodies and get into the gears.

OtherThoughts:

these servos need to be built better, but for the price, i guess i really cant complain.

Bottomline:

these servos have only about 12 flights on them (mounted on my home made foam plane). i don't know how long they will last so i will try to let everyone know how many more flights i can get before they burn out or strip gears. my conclusion for right now is that i would buy these again for my next foam plane project since im on a budget and am happy with their performance

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections