DX » Community » Reviews » Replacement Housing Case for NDS Lite (Translucent Black)
  • 5 star 3 ( 33% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 56% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 11% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Useful for light players

posted by Slain087 on 12/04/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

The package comes with nearly all the bits and pieces required to put it together - naturally, excluding the screwdriver(s), motherboard, etc. This is good, because the screws from the factory case do not all fit.

Cons:

It's fairly obvious that wherever the company got their molds, they didn't get them from Nintendo - or if they did, the company didn't give them perfect ones. There's a very specific flaw in the upper half that prevents the case halves from going neatly into each other, and compromises the hinge. Speaking of the hinge, while it is quite durable if installed correctly, it's very easy due to the flaw to mess it up, making it far weaker.

OtherThoughts:

The transparency is a cool touch, especially since it also includes a stylus in the same color. I bought the transparent blue version a while back, but between the cons and my inexperience, it broke in three months to the exact same thing that broke my factory case in three years.

Bottomline:

If you're a casual gamer who's gotten their case broken, go ahead and make your case look awesome. If you're a more hardcore gamer, you may just want to bite the bullet, use this as a stopgap, and get yourself a 3DS.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections