DX » Community » Reviews » Replacement Housing Case for NDS Lite (Translucent White)
  • 5 star 14 ( 33% )
  • 4 star 24 ( 57% )
  • 3 star 3 ( 7% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 2% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Looks Fantastic, Once You Get it Installed

posted by Bynum on 08/19/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

This case looks great once it's all installed. The parts took minimal effort to fit correctly and the plastic is fairly high quality. The lettering on the case is sharply printed, making it look authentic, besides the fact that it is transparent. There's even an indentation where you can put your DS Lite's serial number (which I did).

Cons:

The screws that come with it will give you nightmares if you attempt to use them. A project that should have taken 3 hours took almost a day because of a couple broken screw heads. The rubber parts (the screw covers and bumpers) are not color matched. The shoulder buttons are a bit of an ordeal due to the springs. The included stylus, because of the manufacturing quality, will scratch up your touch screen, even if you are careful. Buying a metal handled stylus looks cooler anyway, in my opinion. These are the reasons the "Build Quality" rating is 2.

OtherThoughts:

Throw the screws away immediately and use your original DS Lite screws, taking care not to chew up the trigram screws with the slightly shallow red-handled trigram driver. Before assembly, test-fit the screws to cut threads into the holes.

Bottomline:

Why aren't the shells for the DS phat this high of quality? This is a fairly high quality case that requires minimal cutting and shaving of plastic. Hopefully the next time I install one of these I won't have so many problems.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections