Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bykortoxx on 06/04/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Bought it for the drive replacement in my Ipod 4th generation. Ipod had a worn out hard drive. Operation completed successfully. Ipod woke up instantly when i joined CF card through this adapter. Cons:Had some minor difficulties determining which one is the first pin bu... Read more

0 1
  • posted bysohman on 11/30/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Reasonable price, physical size small enough to fit into the space previously occupied by a 1.8 inch HDD Cons:I ordered 3, one of them had a bent pin, should still work after straightening it out though. OtherThoughts:I had a mini laptop with a broken 1.8 inch hard disc a... Read more

0 0
  • posted byKarlV on 06/29/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Does what it has to do. It worked like a charm. It is easy & practical to replace a hard disk (in combination with compact flash cards, also available on this site). Cons:Only minor con is that you have to pay attention that the pins of the connector properly match... Read more

0 0
  • posted bylordakula on 10/02/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Very good item, works perfectly. I have this installed in an ipod with a 32gb flash card. Also would be good for other applications, I imagine Cons:The jumper on the board is the tallest part of the board. The jumper makes the board too tall, it would be bette... Read more

0 0
  • posted byqueryno4 on 05/26/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Works, seems far more durable than it looks. Being used with a 133x 32GB Kingston CompactFlash card in a Toshiba Gigabeat F40. Speeds are comparable to use outside of the adapter (fast), so no complaints or issues there. Cons:It's not as cheap as the old one?... Read more

0 0
  • posted bykgleow on 04/22/2010

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:I replace it with Toshiba 1.8" HDD on my Toshiba Portege R200. It works well with 8GB Kingston CF card with x133 speed. Read/write speed is slower then HDD but the price is a lot more cheaper! (USD300 for a HDD VS Cons:Read/write speed is slow, not sure how is it with a h... Read more

0 0
  • posted byicemansquared on 02/03/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day Pros:Easy to install- just plug it in and restore through iTunes. Very cheap and made my iPod work again after a few years of sitting around collecting dust. Cons:As previous reviews have stated, there is a jumper pin that needs to be bent back with pliers so the scr... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydfreccia on 11/21/2009

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:This product works as advertised to replace a 1.8" Toshiba drive with a compact flash card. Ive got it in a resurrected 4th generation iPod. The compactflash is more durable than a spinning hard drive, and this combination is much less expensive than trying to buy a... Read more

0 0
  • posted byspeedermarto on 09/11/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Works absolutely fine for me. Just plug and play :) Cons:None for now. OtherThoughts:Maybe it should have some protective cloth so the device won't touch the back of the ipod and go short. I used duct tape to wrap it and isolate it. Bottomline:It does what it sa... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjphphotography on 07/23/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Does exactly what its supposed to do Cons:If you're using this to fix an iPod the jumper is too high to fit. I had to bend the pins together and solder them, no big deal. Soldering quality on the pin headers look a little sketchy but it probably was fine, I re... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections