Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted by anpinilla89 on 06/30/2013

Pros: Useful for your 75-300 mm lens, It is portable. Plastic body, so watch your step! or you will broke it. Cons: DON'T PROPERLY PACKAGE. MINE ARRIVED BROKEN. DX.COM SHOULD PACKAGE PROPERLY SEEKING FOR ITS SAFETY. IT WOULD BE PREPARED FOR "SHIPPING TRAVELING ADVENTURE" JEJEJE, I MEAN, PLEASE DX.COM this is a delicate item. OtherThou... Read more

1 0
  • posted by marcomilanesio on 04/07/2013

Pros: Size and shape perfectly mimics the original. The thread works very well (although cheaper materials can mean faster degradation). Blocking the sun is as good as the real thing with Canon. Cons: Can't find any negative issue. It's hard plastic, very reliable. OtherThoughts: The thread can degrade over time and use (So far, I have not noti... Read more

0 0
  • posted by Oxerdam on 03/03/2013

Pros: - it is made of good quallity plastic. the plastic is hard and seems to be prety resistent. - the hood make it's job preventing light coming from the sides to affect your picture. Cons: - the hood fits a little too tight but probably this can change with more use. it is not really a big deal. OtherThoughts: I really don't have anything to... Read more

0 0
  • posted by Sanpj on 02/11/2013

Pros: It is big, it will fit the 18-55 but it will create some vignetting, below 50mm. It is very usefull at the wide end in the 55-250mm and it fits perfectly, just like the original. It can be inverted for storage Cons: it makes your lens look like a sniper rifle, it measures 60mm plus the 200mm of the lens it makes for a really big head turn... Read more

1 0
  • posted by sujay0000 on 01/31/2013

Pros: - Cheaper ... A lot cheaper... then the original Canon lens hood. - Bayonet type hood... Its tough to get a bayonet type of hood even of a inferior quality at this price. - Good quality! Don't know what to expect more. - Again.. Cheaper... Cheapest price! Total justice Cons: None.. I may never find any with this one. OtherThoughts: Does i... Read more

0 0
  • posted by Kihoo on 11/27/2012

Pros: It is very cheap. The product is pretty high quality. Plastic is pretty good. From far looks like the original. You can see the effect immediately. Makes your lens look out more like pro. Fits perfectly on my Canon EF-S 55-250 IS II Cons: In low temperatures this product will become more fragile than it is. Length makes it more fragile Ot... Read more

the lens hood
    0 0
  • posted by Roeltje82 on 11/24/2012

Pros: I've owned one of these before, but since I've been a little bit careless with it, (putting it in a bag and try to sit on it doesn't work for this item ;-)) I ordered a new one, because you just can not do without! I personally think that every photographer, if you're an amateur (like myself) or a professional one, should have this item i... Read more

0 0
  • posted by fortune3d on 11/19/2012

Pros: Good design. This lens hood protect your front lens from damages and remove some flares from picture. I have not seen the original, but I think that the hood is not worse than the original, because it is convenient to use. I did not notice any flaws in the design of this product. I advise you to buy this instead of the original lens hood.... Read more

0 0
  • posted by TehChesha on 11/15/2012

Pros: - It looks exactly like the original one. - Blocks sunlight from entering the lens and it's protects it. - Your photos immeadiately become better. - Quality is very good and it's cheap but doesnt look cheap - Very good investment for your camera Cons: There are none cons so far. Good quality lens hood OtherThoughts: - Great buy for the pr... Read more

0 0
  • posted by drozza on 10/22/2012

Pros: It's just like the original, for a much better price. The material its made of is pretty resistant. It looks very professional too. Cons: I can't find any. OtherThoughts: I use this with my 55-250mm EFS lenses and it works perfectly. Don't use this with the 18-55mm EFS lenses, because you'll get a black circle around your image. I believe... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections