Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bynwillows on 11/20/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:This is a very well molded product. The threads are very accurate, the fit on my Canon 50mm 1.4 is very firm and there is no no play at all. Really a perfect match Cons:No cons, for this price you can't beat it. OtherThoughts:Sometimes when it comes to DSLR ac... Read more

0 0
  • posted byGuii21 on 02/22/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Identical to the original, if not even original. very good price, seeing that the value of the original is almost 10x larger. good Product, recommend. Indispensable to use for DSLR Cameras. Cons:No, there's nothing to talk about evil, very good at construction... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysepsal2010 on 01/12/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Lens hood fits well on canon 18-135 IS STM. Little bit tight, but i thing that is good thing. Inner surface is matte plastic Cons:My original 15-85 IS lens hood inner surface is some kind of fabric. That kind of surface is better than plain plastic. But I have... Read more

0 0
  • posted byllluis on 01/10/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:This product is awesome. It looks exactly as the one from Canon. It fits perfectly my 18-135mm STM lens (T4i kit). It can be mounted reversed when not in use. High quality, strong and well built. Smooth surface. Cons:Haven't found any to the date. Only thing is... Read more

1 0
  • posted bytroode on 01/04/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:This product fits perfectly. No modifications or alteration required. Has the red alignment dot for thos that like to have it. Fits on in reverse for stowage. Is identical so no vignetting or other side affects, no nastyt reflections into the lens from the plastic surface... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymarceloinxs on 11/19/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Good material, no problem attaching or de-attaching it to the lens. I don't have a original Canon hood, but it must be similar in quality and termination. Hoods provides extra protection to your gear, and avoid flares and undesirable light that may decrease contrast and q... Read more

0 0
  • posted byTehChesha on 11/15/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:- Good quality plastic. - Good Build. - Easy to use - put it on and off. Fits perfectly - Good protection - both from the sun rays and lens hits. - Good price. - Looks official Canon Cons:I don't have any cons for this lens hood. I'm very happy about this item OtherThou... Read more

0 0
  • posted bycoyotefert on 10/02/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:It fits properly. It's design like the original. Cons:Plastic is not as good quality as other Hood I bought in DX for my 28-200mm Canon lens. It's kind of hard the connection to the lens. OtherThoughts:It's aa useful accessory for outside photos, when you need t... Read more

0 0
  • posted byssttt on 08/28/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:exactly fit for Canon EF-S 17-85 mm f/4-5.6 IS UMS lens as in normal position as in backward, good plastic quality - can protect your lens, all marks are present, so it looks like original Cons:no fabric inside like original has, but this has little effect, so it could... Read more

0 0
  • posted byreversebungee on 01/11/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:Despite many bad reviews i read from photography forums, saying that this item will not fit properly or may block the view etc, I found no such problems. I have one original hood from canon and I can say, in terms of usage and operation wise there is no difference at al... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections