DX » Community » Reviews » WANSCAM PTZ Outdoor Waterproof 300KP CMOS Wi-Fi IP Surveillance Camera w/ 3X Optical Zoom / IR-Cut
  • 5 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 75% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 25% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very nice camera, bad luck DOA, coulf fix it myself

posted by Richard6073 on 06/09/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

good price, good quality, very nice goud quality housing. This kind of camera are normal quit big, and expensive this one is little. Easy to use, easy connect. Works fine for it's price.

Cons:

what i read on the internet there is not much firmware support / update for wanscam camera's. No problem for me at this time it works fine on it current firmware.

Mine was DOA, would not boot after reboot and the image was blurry (not sharp). Because sharpness is not something could be set with the software i had to open the camera and fine tune the lens by hand. Now the image is much sharper (could maybe a bit better) and the camera boots 100%

maybe not booting was because of the blurry image.........

OtherThoughts:

Bottomline:

Good quality housing, with a nice camera, for this price it's hard to find another. I had bad luck with mine not giving a sharp image. If you are not afraid to open up te camera you can fix it youself. Iif you look for a good outside camera and don't want to change or update firmware, buy this one.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections