DX » Community » Reviews » 0.5W 2-Mode 1 + 2 LED Red Light Bike Bicycle Tail Lamp (2 x AAA)
  • 5 star 8 ( 89% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 11% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good, even if it's not what's advertised

posted by StrayCatBicycles on 10/19/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

Bright, solid attachment, attention-getting (alternates between the lower-level and the bright flash), sealed and best of all, only 2 modes, "flashing" and "steady". Some lights on here force you to cycle through almost a dozen different flashing patterns just to turn it on or off. Includes the AAA batteries needed

Cons:

As noted, it's *not* a 3w light. The packaging states, very clearly "0.5w LED". It's still one of the brighter rear blinkies here on DX, but a little truth-in-advertising would be appreciated.

OtherThoughts:

It's "very similar" to a certain branded bike light that sells for $29 MSRP here in the US. As in, *identical*. I won't say which it is, but if you look around enough, you'll figure it out. Considering that we bought 5 and each one was $4.40, it's a screaming deal.

We view rear blinkies as disposable items. They get stolen, the quick release attachment ends up wearing down and "quick releasing" when you go over a rough road surface, the plate falls off (and takes the batteries with it), you name it, I've had it happen to all of them. With this you're able to stock up, give some to friends, and *still* be far, far, far ahead of where you'd be if you'd paid $30 for it at your local shop.

Bottomline:

Good light and a screaming deal at $4.40. Just be aware that it's not a 3w LED. I uploaded a picture showing the packaging in case anyone's interested...

• Packaging showing 0.5w LED

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections