Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Bright ideas

posted by Skrenos on 08/02/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Cheap. Dirt cheap. $0.10 each cheap. It's deals like these that makes DIY electronics more feasable.

Bright. Not super bright, but bright enough. I've used mine to replace incandescent bulbs in flashlights and it's as bright or brighter than the original bulb.

Cons:

Really can't see any cons to LEDs. These are perfect. I have no way of testing the brightness claims, so can only assume they are right.

OtherThoughts:

Received mine in the little bubble package wrapped in tape. Amazingly, all the leads were straight like I popped it out of a blister-pack. Makes it much easier to work them into my projects if I don't have to spend time straightening pins out.

Replacing the original bulbs in flashlights, I can afford to use the cheap dollar store cells and have them last as long as alkalines, or use alkalines and have them last years. Lower current draw means longer lasting batteries, which translates to lower cost to operate. Also, LEDs don't burn out so no bulb replacements in the future, and the replacing of the bulb with an LED is only 10 cents.

Bottomline:

A bunch of pros and no cons. They're LEDs, how simple an you get? They either work or they don't and these work wonderfully.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections