DX » Community » Reviews » EasyCAP 4-Channel 4-Input USB 2.0 DVR Video Capture/Surveillance Dongle
  • 5 star 7 ( 32% )
  • 4 star 12 ( 55% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 9% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 1 ( 5% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Effective, sort of.

posted by duchistan on 03/09/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

- Cheap video receiver for up to four cameras/inputs

- Works with video balons, BNC connections (with adapter)

- Easy to install / Use

Cons:

There are no cons with the hardware (though the audio input is odd, and I can't seem to make it function)

The software provided with this device looks promising but completely fails when in use. None of the proclaimed features work whatsoever (email, motion sensor, recording, etc) and it's actually a terrible ripoff of an actual software (easyviewer)

The software will display your camera(s) provided you select the correct setting (ntsc/pal/etc) and you must select the correct setting everytime you open the software or change camera views.

OtherThoughts:

I have tried setting up the automatic recording, automatic still frame recording, and auto emailing. I even tried using the motion sensor capture.

Nothing works. You can set the software all you want but it will not record anything.

Bottomline:

Buy this if you can find some software that will work with it. Good luck, though, because nothing will.

A waste of money IMO, better off buying the real deal.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections