DX » Community » Reviews » EasyCAP USB 2.0 Audio/Video Capture/Surveillance Dongle
  • 5 star 29 ( 48% )
  • 4 star 29 ( 48% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 3% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 2% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great Value

posted by ghaldos on 06/11/2009

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

It's fairly easy to setup and use and takes pretty decent quality captures. I hooked it up to my wii and I was able to play the wii on my laptop without any lag whatsoever. The sound was good and came out clear. The actual casing of the easycap feels like really good quality plastic.
    Used the software that came with it which was ulead video studio ce 10 while you may want to go another route for merely watching video or playing a game on the wii for recording it's quite easy and makes it into mpeg2 format.
    I have vista and it worked without a hitch for me and after trying a couple of tuner throughout the years for usually more expensive it's nice to have one that works.

Cons:

The ulead software that came with it is decent for recording however for watching without recording you should try out some others, media player classic works pretty well. Could never get sound from preview with ulead either.
    As for the actual device I can't see any.

OtherThoughts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr_y6BtPBTg
    Here is a test capture that I did, just captured directly with default settings at 352x240 with ulead.

Bottomline:

Really good price, I have seen worse devices for much more than what's here. It's a no brainer type thing which is good when you want to easily convert old home movies etc.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections