• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Simple and nice little tool

posted by SpaceFrog on 04/06/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Includes most usable tips and a few rare ones. Quite strudy built. Compact and very easy to carry because all extra tips are stored inside. Most importantly - does the job.

Cons:

Build quality is good enough but it does not look too elegant. Threads are quite rough. There is no rotating cap on the back which many precision screwdrivers have. If you need to unscrew a really tight screw the tip may start turning inside the driver and thus failing to unscrew the screw - no matter how tight you fixed the tip.

OtherThoughts:

Needs a bit of improvement. If you need to unscrew tight screws then you may face the problem of tips not fixed tightly enough and turning inside. To fix it you need to roughen the sides of tips where they get clinched by driver with some file, sandpaper or something. This will allow tips to be fixed more tightly.
    Could include more tips - I mean every tip in the set has the same flat head on the other end. But you can add to the variety a bit - by sharpening some of the flat heads into shivs or smaller/thinner flatheads.
    Also I am thinking about magnetizing the tips but didn't try it yet.

Bottomline:

Really useful tool. If you need micro screwdrivers sometime (who does not?) and do not want a professional set - get this one. Could be very handy for computer professionals but requres a "tight fit" mod I described in other thoughts - because otherwise it might not unscrew some PC case screws.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections