Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month
- Nice price since it's a difficult cable to find. (I haven't found this cable for selling here in Brazil yet)
- It really has a built-in driver, so when I tested it along with Windows XP x64, Windows Vista x64 and MacOS 10.5 (Leopard), the driver was automatically installed.
- The cable is large enough to fit the space I made for the keybord and the computer.
- It got my Yamaha Keyboard (PSR-83, which is relatively old) to work with the newest music softwares.
- Not really a problem since most USB devices behaves like this, so if you buy it try to use it always plugged into the same USB Port to prevent multiple installations of the driver.
I still haven't tested it with Linux. I wonder if any newer OS would be also able to recognize this cable?
I gave it five stars because it worked so well with the OSses I have here, made my keyboard new again, was easy to install, it's stylish (nice idea for the LEDs showing the IN and OUT commands), and most important, it was not as expensive as I thought it would be.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.