Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Yep, it works and well

posted by jaydm on 09/22/2008
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Price and convenience: it just works & is cheap as chips. I've not been able to get it to work on Linux, but both Windows XP and Apple OSX (older) work just fine. I've tested this on older and newer machines, several laptops and desktops and all bar the one little easily correctable glitch below worked flawlessly. Software integration with Fuity Loops and Reason worked as expected as well.

Cons:

Only a little bump and more related to the PC (more properly the account) it was attached to: running XP an older IBM 'office' box with a non-administrator account: simple to fix though - you just need to be an Administrator to get it to work properly.

OtherThoughts:

Did I mention the price?? for $21 aud I got it - to get the same thing (or something like it) here would cost me at least 3-4 times that most places, if they stocked it: asked a few places & mostly all I got was blank stares.

Bottomline:

Unbeatable if you need to ressurect some old midi hardware, or do not want to spring for a very big & expensive 'real' keyboard: I got mine at Cash Converter's for $80 (OK it's a Yamaha - and a 'short' one at that) and with this cable can make it sound like whatever the heck I want. Kids are loving it (why I got it in the first place) and work it out every day.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections