Customer’s impression:
BOM
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Sleek design, easy setup, good range, good quality

posted by jay33 on 11/27/2008
    2 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

1) sleek design and size ( quite small and hidable )

2) Good range. The transmitter is currently about 13m away from the receiver. Should go atleast 15-18m. . ..There is no loss in quality. The signal currently travels through 2 walls and a piano. With this setup the video "crackles" every few seconds showing a faint static line and produces a quited crackle sound. This is because its under the TV in the cabinet. Once its placed ontop of the TV the crackles are limited to about once every 45secs.

3) Transmits your remotes IR signal to the satalite/DVD or what ever your using from another location.

Cons:

1) I am not 100% sure of this, but... When ever these are on I have difficulties connecting to my wirless internet from my router. My router is also 2.4ghz, I have noticed that even after turning the A/V transm off the router remains "messed" up until its RESET.

2) IR doesnt transmit that well, the button on the remote has to be held down for about 1.5 secs before it reaches the other end.

OtherThoughts:

Buy this only if you cannot lay cables. Expect random crackles during viewing ( not too bothering... )

Think about it interfering with your router. Could someone confirm this? I dont want to mess up my router any more!

Keep it in an open area as high up as possible.

Bottomline:

Good price, its usually much more expensive in stores. Image / sound quality is not reduced which is awsome! ! !

If you need one, only buy it here! !

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections