DX » Community » Reviews » 12V 54-LED RGB Light Strip (50cm)
  • 5 star 13 ( 62% )
  • 4 star 8 ( 38% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byausGT on 01/31/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:The lights are very bright, and with a controller can be adjusted to obtain a good variety of strong colour. Lights can handle undercurrent but flickering is detectable. I ran these lights with 12v 500mA for many months. Used with controller http://www.dealextreme.com/p... Read more

3 1
  • posted bySlugsie on 01/24/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Nice bright LEDs. Easy to control from an Arduino through some transistors. Individual LEDs are nice and bright. Cons:Connecting wires a far too short, and the plastic mount has a very pronounced bow in the middle (over 1cm out of line). Lighting all colours at full int... Read more

0 0
  • posted byericparis on 04/17/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:-very good manufacture , but not very easy to fix it , two holes for two sceew are welcome -easy to use -easy to connect directly on the 12v no driver control needed Cons:-great light -l like the possibility to mix the colors or to use one color OtherThoughts:-wire is a... Read more

0 0
  • posted bytrickster2011 on 01/13/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:- Cheap RGB ledstrip - No Ledcontroller needed, directy to 12V - semi-waterproof sealed - Hardplasic cover - Very Bright Good for building Moodlight. Good for Club lightning Cons:- Red Less stronger than Green And Blue - Wires do not match color ( not a big Co... Read more

0 0
  • posted byRubenJ on 02/28/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Great acrylic cast around the LED's, this makes the strip solid. Spread of the light is quit good for a small LED strip Cons:Casing looks to be under a little tension, it's a little curved. Little short wiring, wiring could be a bit longer or with a connector.... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybabylonfive on 02/27/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:This strip is well sealed and tough. I love the mix of colors and the red is a deep-red, not like some other strips and RGBs. The panel is fun to use - I created a camping light. Since the array is fairly long, it doesn't cast many shadows. The efficiency is f... Read more

1 0
  • posted byadlerweb on 01/16/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:Cheap, bright for a RGB-strip, cutable every 3x3LED-Group (see other) Cons:Its 45cm, not 50cm - The red LEDs are way darker than green and blue (see below) - the epoxy of mine was cracked but it does not affect the functionality and looks more like a fault of th... Read more

1 0
  • posted bynpd89 on 12/16/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month Pros:Very bright light, really solid construction. These things are really awesome. Cons:The red light is quite a bit dimmer than the red and blue. I'd even go so far as to say it's about half as bright, so to get a true white color, you'll have to turn the intensi... Read more

0 0
  • posted byalexengland on 10/01/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month Pros:This LED strip is quite bright. From DealExtreme these are way cheaper than anywhere in Australia. Cheapest I could find was around $40 for a even shorter one. Easy to wire up since all current limiting resistors are already soldered in. Epoxy is really nice a... Read more

0 0
  • posted byalexengland on 09/18/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week Pros:The strip looks very nice. It has a smooth epoxy covering the resistors and the LEDs. I have only ordered one and it came undamaged. I plan on ordering a few more soon. The green and the blue LEDs are brighter than the red. I just put a 330 ohm resistor in serie... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections