DX » Community » Reviews » AKE 54mm Express Card to 2-Port USB 3.0 Card Adapter for Laptop Notebook
  • 5 star 4 ( 57% )
  • 4 star 3 ( 43% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byMuuMuu on 04/10/2014

- Adds two USB 3 port on older laptops. - It's slim and does not stick out. - Plug and play: I plugged in my Dell M1730 (Win 8) and it just worked. - My laptop (Dell M1730, Win 8) hangs at boot if this card is plugged in. I have to unplug it and wait until the system is loaded to plug it again. - Pulling out USB devices usually pull out the card, too.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byRoaze2000 on 11/13/2013

I got the AKE 54mm Express Card to 2-Port USB 3.0 Card Adapter last week, installed the driver, plugged it in (win7) my Dell E6400 and it worked. Two 3.0 ports. Did a speedtest getting 6gb from ext. drive via 2.0 and then the same file on 3.0 It was twice as fast. ie. 1:35 vs. 3.10 I expected higher speed Nothing for the price it is perfect. Got it ... Read more

0 1
  • posted bytzonday on 11/05/2013

Cheapest USB3.0 Express Card you can find here. You do get USB3.0 speeds however I couldn't do a test to max out my Patriot SuperSonic USB3.0 32GB stick as my 5400rpm HDD maxes out at ~35MB/s. I got 35MB/s on the USB3.0 port on this card while I got about 30MB/s on the USB2.0 port. Slides in easily, no issues at all. As far as i could remember since ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byvladmoscalu on 10/24/2013

I have an USB 3.0 stick from Kingston-HyperX 64 GB. With the AKE 54 mm card i have th following results: Read speed 95-225 Mb/s Write speed: 65-105Mb/s IT IS SIMPLY INCREDIBLE! With 14$ i jumped from 17 Mb/s to the above mentioned; I obtained these speeds without the aditional powring of the card(usb2.0 charger) The card does not have a system to keep ... Read more

AKE 54mm on a HP 8440p Notebook
    0 0
  • posted byJuanAlv on 10/08/2013

This card allows to obtain very high speeds by adding also two USB ports new that can be powered externally for devices that need it. It is a very stable in its compartment card be full format, not the Strait which requires an adapter to limit his lateral movement in the compartment of the PC.Regarding its installation is very simple thanks to the disk ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bypavlopavlin on 09/17/2013

This express card is great addition for every laptop which has no USB 3 ports. Build feels solid. Haven't tried USB 3. speed yet since my USB 3 portable drive has not arrived yet. But my WD Passport USB 2 drive shows significant speed increse (from 21 MB/s to 35 MB/s). Card is not plug and play. You have to install drivers manualy from supplied CD. ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byvidamo on 04/12/2013

it´s a good product , look nice on my lenovo thinkpad x220 and have a good speed , i use a western digital external hard drive model my Passport 2tr and work really fast and i use a pendrive verbating usb 3.0 with 64 gb and work good too the bad think was that de cd driver was damaged and i don´t have any answer of de support but i find a ... Read more

0 5

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections