There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Works as intended

posted by Mirielle on 08/10/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Does what it's supposed to do, mirrors my phone screen on the TV at 1080p. Also outputs audio. Display quality is excellent.

Cons:

My unit has poor connection. I don't get a signal half the time and have to jiggle the connector until it takes.

Some gripes that are mostly due to the phone, but are useful to know for people considering to buy:
    - can't turn the phone screen off while mirroring. You can turn brightness down though.
    - have had some trouble with my phone overheating when used for gaming - and I have a beast of a phone. Screen rendering, HDMI output, charging and running a game are all pretty taxing. I can still get 1-2 hours of normal use out of it though.
    - slight lag between phone and TV, maybe 50-100 ms. Could be the adapter, could be phone output settings. Still looking for ways to improve this (decreasing output resolution would be a start). Games are still playable.

OtherThoughts:

If you use this for gaming, be sure to set your TV to game mode. This reduces the processing that the TV performs on the video input and improves speed.

Bottomline:

Does what I want, doesn't break the bank. Mine needs some jiggling to connect properly. For the price I could justify buying another one though.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections