There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• OK portable AA and AAA Charger

posted by ace-at-mind on 03/29/2008

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Nifty, cheap travel USB battery charger. Has a well fitted removable cap over the USB connector. Looks like a Fairly well made product. Has a low output for charging batteries, so as to not overcharge them easily.

Cons:

Circuitry consists of 2 resistors, 1 LED , and 1 Diode PER BATTERY. No overcharge circuit. LEDs do not turn off when charge is complete.

NON-Regulated charging only! You can't just leave these plugged in overnight, as there is no voltage shut-off. Basically, you need to time the charges.

A bit large for some USB ports or hubs. If your ports are close together, this may not fit beside another plug.

Of three, one had a large paint flake coming off of the cap. I don't mind for this item, it is a tool for me to use. I'll take that one to work.

OtherThoughts:

To charge AAA, there is a little tab below the LEDs that you flip downward, exposing the + connector surfaces for the AAA's. Neat.

I bought this to charge batteries for my 9-LED flashlights I got from DX. I have a LOT of AA and AAA rechargeables, so more chargers is good.

Bottomline:

If you have all the batteries you need, and just need a small portable charger, this is great! Just make sure you don't walk off and leave batteries charging unattended!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections