• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good flashmeter

posted by nrh2005 on 04/04/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

- it works exactly within the limits dealextreme says
    - it's light, portable and very easy to use
    - works on flash light and environment light
    - it needs only one 1.5v AA battery
    - it has sync port

Cons:

- my unit came with the flash button loose so misplaced. I had to open the unit to put the button in place. This is one of the reasons to give 4 stars to quality
    - the manual came only in chinese and I don't read chinese ! After long shopping at dealextreme, this was the first time I received something with the manual only in chinese. This is the other reason to give 4 stars to quality
    - the maximum aperture to flash is f/4, so take a time to plan if you will need to shot with an aperture bigger than f/4 some day AND you will need a flashmeter in that occasion.

OtherThoughts:

The major difference between this OMES F4S model and the OMES L4 model is that the L4 doesn't work with flash, only environment light.

Bottomline:

If you need a flashmeter that works since f/4 with flash, and works with environment light also (since f/1), so this is the equipment to you. No one sells cheaper today and no other flashmeter will have the resources for that price.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections