DX » Community » Reviews » YY BY-18 Electronic Flash (5600K)
  • 5 star 5 ( 42% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 58% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byagentsnake on 06/04/2013

Light and small, you can take in anywhere with you. No control over how much light gets out. Slower reload, which is expectable, but I would trade half the power for 2x speed any day. I really wish I could set this flash to 50%, 25% and even 12.5%. That way I could shoot in dark conditions without blowing out the rest of the scene and the recycle period ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byLanmix84 on 03/08/2013

This is great flash light that costs under 10 dollars ! ! ! :D Need I say more? :) It have power like my Canon EX 430 set to 1/4 on 24mm so it is great power for the price. I will use it for back lighting or hair line light. Very satisfied with this flash. Use it with SKU8201 and i can sync it with my flash up to 1/200 s so that is great also. Very ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byGrunf92 on 01/18/2013

The best "pro" for this flash is the price, you can't get a cheaper flash. It charges up pretty quickly, but you can't except that it will be the same as some expensive flashes. It comes with a nice diagram to check your settings on camera, yes the whole thing is manual. For me it has no cons, I hope the flash light will work for a long time.... Read more

0 0
  • posted bylarking on 11/21/2012

very light, uses just 2AA's and gives a pretty decent power. It has about 1/4 power of my SB700 and it costs under $10! Combined with 8201 it will work with any camera that can shoot manual flash, giving you a cheap, light, off camera flash for under $15. It doesn't have any power control, so you have to set it up, and then change aperture, ISO or the ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byfnb1991 on 10/09/2011

- Cheap for its quality - Really fast to load - Powerful! - A bit big and heavy - People get scared when notice the big flash attached to the camera! It's great for analog cameras! Nice build quality and really powerful light! It takes 2 AA batteries, so it's big and a bit heavy, but the excellent load time is worth it. Some of my friends complained ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrj1000 on 04/28/2011

price and build qualities are perfect. I am not expert but bulb in the flash is new generation not old type. load speed is very fast <3sc. it is best for diy studio photographers. with a trigger and mini soft box (sku 37666) getting diffuse light is simple. may be you can modify the flash and inseret a dc cable for indoor use only. Actually it's ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjphphotography on 11/08/2010

Very cheap for a flash, even a non-adjustable one. Nice addition for "Lomo" cameras like the Holga/Diana/Blackbird Fly/Golden Half etc Very powerful (more than I wanted actually) For the price there are no real cons but if I had to list a few: Not adjustable High sync voltage (not safe for digital cameras) No slave For the price it's a great ... Read more

2 0
  • posted byint0x80 on 07/04/2010

Compact - most likely it will appear smaller than your camera and fit your pocket just fine. Lightweight - only 170 grams when loaded with 2*AA NiMH rechargeable batteries (32 grams each) and equipped by SKU 8201 remote trigger. Quick - recharge time is only 3...5 seconds depending on batteries' voltage. Is not adjustable in neither way, so the best ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bySaerX2 on 04/02/2010

- small and very light weight - work with slave units perfectly (SKU 8201) - a set of four with slave triggers is enough to light up a fairly large room when using an on-camera master flash aimed into the ceiling - cheap (four flashes and four slave triggers totaled at the time of my order to less than 10 €/set) - so cheap that you won't go bankrupt ... Read more

1 0
  • posted bydblank on 12/29/2008

Cheap, small, lightweight flash. High sync voltage! (70 volts), this will fry many cameras if connected directly, search around online or check your cameras manual for the max voltage flash you can connect, or use some kind of remote trigger. My camera can handle a couple hundred volts, fortunately. No control over flash duration. No swivel or tilt.... Read more

1 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections